Thursday, April 11, 2013

Toyota - Anatomy of Trade

I took a position in Toyota Motor Company yesterday. As I write, Toyota is up over 3% today.

The following Toyota daily chart (very busy - I'm sorry)  illustrates how I choose my entry point when buying a stock.

Essentially, I want to buy a stock when it is breaking out of a properly formed basing pattern, in other words, a period of consolidation. I look for better than average volume on the breakout. This tells me that the institutions are bidding up the stock. I want to own a stock that has caught the fancy of the big boys. They are the only ones that have the true power to move a stock higher.

I have drawn boxes around consolidation periods. Notice the stairstep quality of the moves. My buy point (also called a pivot point) is clearly defined. I buy when the share price enters the Buy Zone, the blue shaded area. If the breakout fails, I sell it when the price enters the Sell Zone, the pink shaded area.


(click on chart for easier viewing)

Toyota Motor Company

Buy Trigger Analysis

GWM Model Holdings
04/11/2013
8:30 am

Toyota symbol = TM


This blog post does not constitute an offer of investment advice. This blog is only provided for educational purposes. Please read the Important Blog Disclosure 





No comments:

Post a Comment