Thursday, September 6, 2012

Update on Lt Christopher Gerritz

Lt. Christopher Gerritz


Lt. Christopher Gerritz has been an associate registered investment advisor with our firm for a number of years. For benefit those of you that know Chris and are familiar with his medical condition, a rare neurological condition attacking primarily the nerves in his left hand, I am posting an email that he just sent.





Retired at age 27

Hello again everyone,

Just received word that my Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) has been finalized.  The Air Force has decided it is going to medically retire me with 40% disability rating (small pension + medical coverage of existing conditions).  I have the option to appeal, which I intend to do, that will give me 6-8 months to fight the decision.

It's been a good run.  9 years in the Air Force.  Enlisted, Airman of the Year in 2005, Selected for an enlisted commissioning program which paid for my Electrical and Computer Engineering degree at Oregon State University, 9 months flying (70 hours), a year at the Air Force Computer Emergency Response Team (AFCERT) defending the AF from hackers, etc.  Currently I am serving as the Lead Crew Commander for the AFCERT, they're fighting to keep me and are pushing me to apply for their open GS civilian positions.  I've made a lot of good contacts, learned a lot about the cyber security field, and had a blast doing it.  Funnest and most fulfilling job I've ever had.

Not sure right now what i'll do but i'm not without options.  Putting together my resume right now, if anybody has any leads/ideas for hiring companies, i'm interested in management, project management, information assurance, network security, intrusion response, etc.  I'm not interested in just pushing a product or making money; i want to make a difference, accomplish something, or build something.  


Christopher Gerritz
San Antonio, TX
541-602-3101  

No comments:

Post a Comment