Monday, February 20, 2012

Kudos to Ian!

Ian Woodword
Investment Analyst and
HGSI Group Mentor
You have heard me speak often about the HGS Investors group and Ian Woodward in particular. Ian is an inspiration to all that are lucky enough to come into contact with him. John Bollinger, the creator of the Bollinger bands concept, had some kind words for Ian when he was interviewed in the upcoming March issue of "Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities". Here is what Bollinger says in part:


“A little more than two years ago, I had the pleasure of spending time with Ian Woodward, who has been doing some interesting things with Bollinger Bands. It was an inspiring time for me.”

John Bollinger
President, Bollinger Capital Management
“Ian Woodward is an amazing guy….A couple of years back, a mutual friend arranged for Ian to drop by and show me the work he was doing, and I was very impressed. Here was a man nearly XXX years old (true age redacted!!!) with more ideas and energy than most people half his age. He has taken input from William O’Neil, Richard Arms and me and crafted an approach to investing that seeks to identify and participate in high-growth stocks. He gives three day seminars twice a year that are jam-packed with interesting ideas. I even had one of the guys who works for me attend. I think that in the fullness of time he’ll be known as one of the great analysts.”

Kudos to Ian!!!

I am trying to fit a March return trip to Palos Verdes into my schedule. The HGS Investors meeting is hosted by Ian Woodward and his partner, Ron Brown. Investors from all around the world converge on the Palos Verdes library to soak in all the words of wisdom that they can. (HGSI group members and Ian Woodward disciples fervently refer to Palos Verdes as Meca, seriously).





No comments:

Post a Comment