Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gold - Still Going Higher

Gold has been going up. What will happen when Congress resolves the debt ceiling issue? I suspect that it may come down some, but not by much. It will depend on the extent that austerity measures are included; I am not expecting a lot of meaningful cuts.

My sentiment is mere conjecture. So let's look at the gold chart. I do have a technical way of valuing gold.

My method:

Since gold can be viewed as a currency I plot the ratio between gold and the US Dollar in the middle panel of the chart. In the upper panel I chart the relative strength of the ratio. When we get a reading of around 80 on the upper panel gold is considered overbought; this has proven to be a good time to sell in the past. We are not there yet. Based on the chart we will continue to hold gold.

I might add and will address in the future that Silver and Gold Miner are a very different issues that require different evaluation methods.

(Click on chart for easier viewing)





This blog post does not constitute an offer of investment advice. This blog is only provided for educational purposes. Please read the Important Blog Disclosure posted in the right channel bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment